8:31 am – And the ballot does not look better elsewhere for Labor, either, lagging behind in several mayoral elections in the north.
EXC in this morning @timesredbox
A darker poll for Labor …
With Opinium, Andy Street wins by 17 points * on the first preferences * in the West Midlands.
Says by two sources that the Labor Party has redeployed some of its campaign staff in the Airdre and Shotts by-election (!) pic.twitter.com/CnqQ3rMoZW
– Patrick Maguire (@patrickkmaguire) May 4, 2021
8:22 a.m. – Some poor readings for Labor in the latest polls as Hartlepool looks likely to switch to Tories. If you want to know why this is the case, click here to watch the Hartlepool report!
Hartlepool, constituency voting intention:
WITH: 50% (+1)
LABORATORY: 33% (-9)
IND (walker): 6% (+4)
IND (Lee): 6% (+6)
GRN: 3% (+2)
REFUK: 1% (-)
Going through @Survation, 23 – 29 Apr
Chgs. w / 03 Apr
– Britain elects (@BritainElects) May 4, 2021
8:15 a.m. – So what’s in the news this morning?
- G7 leaders will meet today to discuss a range of pressing issues
- Latest polls published ahead of Thursday’s election
- Modi and Johnson meet to agree UK-India partnership
8h00 – Welcome back to another week of Politics Live!