As the final quarter of 2020 begins, the holiday season is expected to be one of the busiest times in ecommerce for creators. Most of your community will be celebrating the holidays at home, and millions of people will be shopping more online.
With a huge spike in apparel and digital product sales since April, even higher demand is expected during the holiday season. Fans are looking to support their favorite brands and designers online – there’s no time like the present to linger and start the crucial preparations. Start by checking the 2020 shipping deadlines above and let your community know when orders are placed to avoid missing out.
Note: Production starts on day of print cycle end for Standard delivery, while for Rush delivery, production begins the day the order is placed. Make sure your ad ends before deadlines by starting the print cycle for your ad, so your community receives their purchases on time. Check out our FAQs to learn more about shipping, handling, and delivery times.
Increase your promo
Spend time preparing a promotional strategy to promote your merch. Fans will see plenty of ads throughout the season, so be sure to share promotional material that is relevant to your community and to launch designs that are tailored to their interests. Perform powerful promotional techniques such as organizing sample photoshoots (we recommend ordering samples through November 2) and share effective videos and images showcasing your creations on social media. Check out this super cool promotional campaign MITA Magazine shared to announce their new drop in products.
Create new designs and go digital
It’s a good idea for creators at the end of October and early November to decide which products they plan to sell during the holiday season. What kind of clothing products does your community love right now? Pay close attention to current trends. This season it’s all about comfort, personal care, interior design and organization. Your community will love the “top half clothes” for the holiday zoom calls. Here are some trendy products this season:
Clothing and accessories Merch:
- Sweatshirts, hoodies, socks and hats (because being comfortable is everything – Montana and Ryan have the right idea below)
- Combine human clothing with pet hoodies. Throw blankets and towels
- Accessory pouches, phone cases, neck warmers and face masks (make great gifts!)
- Canvases, posters and cushions – huge this season
- Christmas checklists and holiday themed recipes (because this season is for eating)
- Gift products such as how-to guides, craft tutorials, photo filters, and coloring e-books
- Wallpaper sets (perfect as an element combined with clothes printed everywhere)
- Audio files such as ringtones, music singles or albums
- Calendars and digital agendas for New Year’s preparations
Create a content calendar
Show ads on your promotional material so that your followers know about your Christmas discounts and exclusive sales. Include attractive captions such as promo codes, delivery deadlines for specific holidays, and new designs.
You could start generating hype for sales a few weeks before BFCM (Black Friday and Cyber Monday). Other Black Friday sales will increase sooner than you think – these dates are very important. Start planning your pre-BF sales in advance, as your community has likely started holiday shopping weeks in advance. A few things to keep in mind:
- The most successful Teespring sellers tend to have sales in November and December.
- At the beginning of November, launch and promote your first sales on organic and paid promotions. Focus on creating anticipation for the upcoming Black Friday weekend and actually increase your engagement with fans on your social media platforms.
- When Black Friday weekend arrives, kick off your big sales. Sales tend to go up a few days before the weekend and continue throughout, so think about when to announce them.
- Thank your fans for buying and participating in your sales. Repost their content and share personalized posts to show appreciation for their support.
- In the lead-up to Christmas, keep the momentum going. You can do this by introducing giveaways for your community on social media or by donating a portion of each sale to charity. Include bonus Christmas gifts for subscribers who purchase your digital products.
Now that you’re ready to start preparing for the holidays, head over to the Teespring launcher below to start creating new designs.